Sunday 21 May 2017

Altenew Painted Jellyfish

Today I am sharing a card made with Altenew's Painted Jellyfish


I created my background using a marbling technique.

I added some shaving foam (the cheap stuff) to a baking tray and smoothed it in to a layer about 1cm thick, I then added drops of Alcohol Inks and used a tooth pick to move some of them around. I left some of the drops in place and they had a reaction with the shaving foam and created a really cool effect.


I laid a piece of card on top and rubbed it over making sure all of the card came into contact with the card. I then peeled it back and used the edge of a ruler to scrap the excess shaving foam away.

I left it to dry completely before stamping the Jelly fish using Altenew's Crisp dye Ink.


I added a sentiment in black and embellished with a few drops of glossy accents to give the effect of bubbles.

I then added the main panel to a black card blank to help the colours pop.


I love how different this card is, it has such a abstract feel to it.

See you in the week with more craftiness.

1 comment:

  1. I love this technique and makes the card smell lovely too-love the fabulous jellyfish stamps
    carol x

    ReplyDelete